1. Tourist Points in the Center of Florence
To help you make the most of your visit, Florence offers several Tourist Points located in the city center. These points provide tourist information, maps, reservations, and assistance. Here’s where to find them:
Tourist Point at Santa Maria Novella Station: Located near the main train station, it’s a great starting point for visitors.
Piazza della Stazione, 4, 50123 Florence
Tourist Point in Piazza Santa Croce: In the heart of the historic center, just a stone’s throw from Piazza Santa Croce, it’s excellent for receiving suggestions about Florence’s museums.
Borgo Santa Croce, 29/r, 50122 Florence
Tourist Point in Via Cavour: Near the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, this point is perfect for those who want to explore the Duomo and its surroundings.
Via Camillo Cavour, 1R, 50129 Florence
2. TransportationFlorence offers an efficient public transportation system to explore the city and its surroundings. Here are some key pieces of information:
- Buses and Trams: Public transportation is operated by Autolinee Toscane, and you can find schedules and information on their official website.
- Trains: The main railway station is Santa Maria Novella, located in the center of Florence, from where you can reach other Italian cities.
3. 24-Hour Pharmacies in the Center of FlorenceYour health is important, and Florence offers 24-hour pharmacies in the city center. Here are some of them with their address and phone numbers:
- Santa Maria Novella Pharmacy: Piazza della Stazione, 50123 Florence. Tel. +39 055 216761
- Molteni Pharmacy: Via dei Calzaiuoli, 7r, 50122 Florence. Tel. +39 055 289490
- SS. Annunziata Pharmacy: Via dei Servi, 80r, 50122 Florence. Tel. +39 055 210738
- San Niccolò Pharmacy: Via dei Renai, 11r, 50125 Florence. Tel. +39 055 2343892
4. Services and Emergency Numbers
Your safety is important, so here is some information about emergency services:
Emergency Room (Santa Maria Nuova Hospital): In case of a medical emergency, Santa Maria Nuova Hospital is a reference healthcare facility. Tel. +39 055 693111
Piazza di Santa Maria Nuova, 1, 50122 Florence
Carabinieri (Military Police): The Carabinieri station is located in the center of Florence and is available for assistance and emergency reports. Tel. +39 055 2646950
Piazza della Stazione, 7, 50123 Florence
In case of emergency situations, it is important to know the useful phone numbers:
- Medical Emergency (Emergency Room): 118
- Carabinieri (Military Police): 112
- Fire Department (Vigili del Fuoco): 115